Features and benefits
- Stresses and vibrations evaluated
with Finite Element Analysis and
- Tensioner placed in its proper
position – between the air conditioner
compressor and the crankshaft pulley,
in the “slack” portion of the belt.
- Belt and tensioner geometry optimized
for proper belt tension – equivalent to
OEM tension requirements.
- All pulleys aligned with each other
within SAE specifications.
- Zinc plated fasteners used throughout
for corrosion resistance and great
- All brackets made from 6061-T6
aluminum for light weight, good looks,
and rust-free appearance. Matches
the all-aluminum LSx engines.
- All plates are cut on a computer-
controlled, ultra-high pressure water
- All tensioners, pulleys, belts,
compressors, alternators, etc. are
standard, easily available items.
- Uses Sanden 508, SD5, or SD7
|Copyright 2007-2017 Kwik Performance, Inc.
All rights reserved
- Front and rear compressor attachment plates.
- Water pump brace place.
- Spacer tubes
- Idler pulley mount.
- All fasteners needed to attach the brackets to the engine, and the compressor to the
- Smooth pulley for use on the tensioner.
What else is required to complete the installation:
- LS main belt tensioner with 6 groove pulley. (The pulley will be removed and used as the
- Six-rib belt, length such that the tensioner indicator arrow is between the max and min
marks. See our installation instructions for suggested lengths and Gates part numbers.
- Air conditioner compressor, Sanden “508” style, current model number is SD5H14. The
most popular configuration used by most all aftermarket AC makers is the “6629” which
has a 7-groove serpentine pulley and ¾” and 7/8” O-ring ports pointing upward. We
offer this pump on the Accessories page of our web site: Other versions may also work.
See www.sanden.com for more information.
Here's a Kwik and easy solution to your LSx engine swap AC compressor problems
Here's how to solve those problems:
- You may have clearance issues with the frame or crossmember. That's especially true for
chassis such as S-10s, early Camaros and Chevelles, and many full size Chevy pickups.
- You may be concerned about the LSx "variable displacement" compressor being
compatible with your earlier factory AC system or with an aftermarket system.
- Use an aftermarket compressor like the popular Sanden.
- Mount it with a bracket kit from Kwik Performance, Inc., available in three different versions:
Corvette; 98-02 Camaro & Firebird/GTO; and truck/2010-11 Camaro.
LSx Air Conditioner Compressor Bracket for Sanden Compressors
Need an air conditioning compressor?
Low mount AC bracket for LS engines
For Sanden SD7B10 - 7176 mini-compressor
- Mounts small Sanden AC compressor in stock location, low on
- Works great with LSA and other supercharged engines with no
room for upper compressor mounting
- Available in all three balancer spacings
- Corvette or similar belt spacing such as LSA
- F-Body (1998-02), GTO (2004-06)
- Truck and 2010+ Camaro
- Uses the original 4-groove area of the balancer
- Tensioner and 4-rib belt are included
- Overall width from crank center line approximately 12”
- Clears most after-market motor mount adapter plates which put the
engine in “stock” location
- May not work with Holley Gen 1 or Gen 2 Camaro engine mounts