Kwik Performance, Inc.
All rights reserved
Need an air conditioning compressor?
GM gave us some real challenges with the Gen 5 V8 direct injection engines:
- All the factory cars and trucks now have electric power assist steering—no
hydraulic PS pumps
- Corvette engines use a double-sided serpentine belt and there a few
lengths yet available
- Truck engines have a belt-driven vacuum pump we didn’t want to eliminate
- Keep as many factory components as possible, especially the harmonic
- Use standard aftermarket AC compressors and power steering pumps
Includes: Bracket, idler pulleys, and type 2 power steering pump by Tuff Stuff
Parts needed to complete the installation:
- GM Gen 5 V8 truck engine such as L83 or L86
- Sanden SD709 AC compressor (Kwik Performance PN 10300-01)
- GM LT truck tensioner
- GM alternator
- Gates K061115 belt
- Remote power steering reservoir
Finish: Natural bare aluminum, sanded and tumbled to satin sheen
Power steering only
Same as above, but with power
steering pump only, no AC.
Reservoir Mounting Bracket
- Attaches K10267 reservoir to
10300-01 AC compressor
- Can be installed on left or right
side of the compressor, on the
front or rear of the compressor.
- Especially useful with LT truck
engine bracket K10438.
- Includes fasteners.
- Places the outer edge of the
reservoir 6.25" away from the
edge of the compressor.